A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another rough start

After a year and a half layoff we finally got back on the road only with my getting a sore throat the first night in Nevada. I hoped it was just the result of the dust and wind we drove through the afternoon before, but such was not the case. I've been feeling poorly all week although the sore throat eventually did go away. Driving is not as much fun as it usually is with one day only logging in 19 miles. Much of the time was spent lying down, napping and doing nothing. Now several days later I'm doing better and beginning to enjoy the trip finally. Sinbad too has settled in to the routine. It usually takes him a couple of days.
This post is from Ely Nevada, the turning off point from Highway 50, one of my favorite drives along with Highway 395 along the eastern Sierra Nevada mountains. From here we will head north for a Bonneville Salt Flats and the speed trials this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.