A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, March 26, 2010

Best Start Thinking About Scooting

In checking the weather for the next 10 days, rain is predicted for most of next week. I scanned the infrared satellite photos and sure enough, there is a system in the mid-Pacific. Another is right behind it. Maybe we should get with the program and head out down south where the weather is sunny and in the 80's all week. In the storage lot where the View sits, there are quite a few empty slots. People are out on the road and we should be with them. I did some research trying to see when Easter vacation is for the schools. It is a haphazard affair ranging from now till a month from now. Pick a week. I remember the old days, everyone was free for one particular week. Now it is whatever any school district chooses. How are we expected to avoid the invasion when battalions are sent out each week?

2 comments:

  1. Hello, and thanks for dropping in to Life In The Drum.

    Sounds like you're getting ready to hit the open road, or are itching to anyway.

    In reference to your inquiries about my coyote photos. In the last couple of photo's we were about 45 feet away from him at that point in time. Yes I was using telephoto at that point. The camera I am using is a Fuji Film Finepix S1500 . Really a neat little camera, that I only paid about $250.00 Canadian for. I'll try and post this link http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s1500/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply to your message. Time is precious at pirating from iffy hotspots while on the road. 45 feet to a coyote sounds like he is used to people.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.