A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, March 15, 2010

First Trail Run

My impatience got the best of me. I just had to do it even if I wasn't really prepared and apprehensive in doing this. I just had to keep telling myself that it would be no big deal as I've hiked the route numerous times. Whatever happens at least I can walk all the way if I had to. I chose a loop that would swing by the lake. I needed a goal. Total miles would be 5.9. That is farther than I have yet ran to date but an easy hiking distance. I told myself I'd walk all the uphills and jog the rest. When it came right down to it, I had no choice. I had to walk up the hills. In the end it went well. The main thing is now I know I can do it and have laid down a benchmark in which to improve upon. I plan to do a different route next time which has a longer yet less steep grade to it entering the park. Also, next time I'll do it after a rest day. I've done too much the last several days and there's no doubt, trail running is the most taxing of activities for me to persue. Right now I am spent but satisfied...no, make that very well pleased with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.