The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday

This morning looks to be another cold (by my standards) and blustery day so I may as well pack it in. We got rolling before breakfast and had a nice tailwind out of the north to push us along the 80 miles to I-80.
Stopped at the rest stop just a mile onto the interstate, ate breakfast. dumped the tanks and headed for home. We stopped in Dixon for fuel and got to see a woman pull away from the gas pump with the nozzle still stuck in her car. Ripped the hose clean away from it's connection at the pump. Don't get to see that very often.

After a stop in Sonoma at the car wash to get the bug splats and playa dust off the View, and the playa mud off the Honda we pulled into the driveway at 4:20pm. It is nice to be home when we have a nice quiet neighborhood to come home to. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, you got your feet wet(figuratively speaking) for the upcoming season of traveling, anyway. It is always good to get back home.

    I have yet to see anyone pull away from a gas pump with the nozzle,but it does happen so I'll probably see it sometime in the future.

    It has been a really cool Spring up here in Western Canada.I hope we have some kind of Summer. After all, it is only a matter of months before the snow flies up here again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egads, Western Canada? Although I have been through a tiny bit of WC and found it lovely and beautiful, the short warm season would not be enough for me. As it is, I snivel a lot just with the Sonoma County weather. Next trip I have planned is in August back out to the Salt Flats at Bonneville for motorcycle only time trials. Stay tuned and thank you for tagging along with Sinbad and I.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.