The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Taking Off For a Week


Summer will officially be here sometime this month so I thought it best to do my annual pilgrimage to the Black Rock Desert before it gets too warm on the Playa. After 15 years of Burning Man, I am calling it quits this year and have other plans for that week in August so this may be the best time for my yearly spiritual retreat of peace and solitude. That's not to imply that there was much peace and solitude to be found during Burning Man week. Nope, but before retirement I would always make this peace and solitude trip over the Memorial Day weekend. Now I am free to do it anytime I please. Check back in a week or so for a write-up on whatever took place. 

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time. I'll be sure to check back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will you be doing out there for a week? Do you camp in a tent?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.