The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

More Fall Colors

Thank you to those who commented on yesterday's fall picture. Here is another shot at the same time out my front door.
The vineyards have yet to really turn color but they are getting there. They are late for some reason and like me, running out of time. I drove out Highway 12 towards Sonoma late yesterday afternoon and have a couple good locations picked out for some nice vineyard shots. Hopefully I can pull it off in the next week or so. Meanwhile, here are a couple vineyard photos from long ago near the Sonoma Mendocinco county line where we used to live. The pictures I took with a little point and shoot camera I had at the time. That camera had a low pixel count so the images don't look too sharp, at least to me, but they will have to do.






7 comments:

  1. Wao so beautiful, so colorful! nice pictures i liked..
    Saludos..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you are right about the images from the little point and shoot, but they do show some nice color. As to your question about me shooting sunsets with a tripod, I do use a tripod a lot, but not always, and the one that you commented on with this question was hand held. Thanks for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. I'll try to not let you down by getting some nice vineyard shots here when the grape leaves are in full color. They are almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip on the colors -- I think I'll head up to the wine country soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fall colors are lovely, and yes, you really can tell the difference with the point and shoot. We had snow last week, but this week fall has returned with sunny, mild days...what we call an Indian Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color! How lovely to be in such an area.
    I must warn you if you do decide to visit Desert Center that it is literally a one street town with not much on either side of the short street!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.