The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Running Out of Time

As of late, many of the blogs I follow the authors have been posting Fall Colors photos. Some started a month ago and now they are posting snow pictures. Egads! Well the trees out in front of my home just turned last week, so here is my contribution to Fall Colors. We're a bit behind here in Sonoma County.
Yeah, it is not of picture postcard quality but it will have to do. I stepped outside in between rain days, snapped a shot and allowed it to languish in my camera for days. I just don't seem to have much time lately or lack good use of my time. Doing this kitchen counter-top redo, fixing some items on one of the motorcycles that I think I'll sell, chasing a reappearing leak in the motor home, plus a host of other things, time is running out. Sinbad and I usually are on a road trip at this time of the year. Now in order to be back for the holiday season as we always do, days are numbered and time is running out.

6 comments:

  1. I agree about time running out, but it also appears you have a lot on your plate. Me, I'd give up if my list was that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep posting fall pics no matter how late you think you are. When snow pics appear form this side of the pond they look as good as anyone elses but I'm afraid we just can't compete with you Autumn palette of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that I still can see posts like this, with beautiful colors of fall.
    Not much fall left here, but I still post pictures of it.
    Have a nice weekend:)

    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah this is a beautiful feeling. everytime I see the snow pictures and rainy days, I almost curious that I have never experienced those climates, but as a california born I feel so happy and lucky to have our splendid year-round weather. then that's why everyone moves here from other states :D

    happy fall and end of year endevours!
    xxo.m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such bright and vibrant colors and such a variety. Great shot. Good luck with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. melisgrosa, it depends on what part of California you live in to experience the seasons. I too a California gal. Southern California there are no seasons. Northern California north of San Francisco 50 miles is simply breath taking in fall. Many vineyards, mountains, trees full of color. Where are you from?

    sinbad, another great post.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.