A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Scene Out of Dexter

Our world is in turmoil once again today. We are having a quartz (or granite, I'm never too sure) counter top installed in the kitchen today. All the tile work will be removed which creates a lot of dust, so it was advised we curtain off the area with plastic in order to keep the dust storm to other parts of the house to a minimum. Thus the Dexter reference.



If you are not familiar with Dexter, it is a TV series on the HBO network. Dexter is a forensic blood splatter analyst for the Miami metro police department's homicide division. Dexter moonlights on the side as a serial killer eliminating those undesirables of society who slip through the judicial system. He first prepares a room sealing it off with plastic before engaging in his craft of killing then dismembering the bad person he's selected.

My wife assures me this is the last big project to be done in our new home. I hope so.  If anything else of this magnitude comes up in the future Sinbad and I will just run away or perhaps a real Dexter scenario might happen.

(later)
Okay, it wasn't all that bad, not much of a mess, more of inconvenience than anything else. Yes, it does look and is much nicer than what was before. Although I undid all the plumbing which was requested before installation, I am getting wiser in my advanced years. I have no romantic notions of putting it all back together. We're having someone reconnect and re-do the necessary plumbing work and recondition the drywall where the tile once was. I've got better things to do with my time. But hey, the best of thing of all is the wife is VERY HAPPY, and a happy wife makes for a happy life. 

4 comments:

  1. Ah, but it will be so beautiful when it's done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I just might pass this post on to my husband... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reno looks great. Me I'm just going to have to settle with getting a new hot water tank, as we have been without hot water since Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the kitchen looks really nice! And I recently "discovered" Dexter on Netflix! Very dark and odd (but I love it)!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.