The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We're Back

We are home from our visit in Chico, a three and a half hour drive north of us here in Northern California. The area around Chico is so different from ours here in Sonoma County. It is another whole culture and lifestyle; hard to believe you are in the same state let alone country. The terrain is flatland agriculture and you are always smacked in the face with the inhabitant's political and religious views no matter where you are. I won't comment on that except to say they're strange lot. But my daughter likes it there and she'll make it clear she's not one of them. Whew!

I could go with the chicken but think I'll pass on the bar-b-qued Orland Eagle.

Here I would be reluctant to have someone service my air conditioning whose spelling skills are a bit off.




5 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting place to visit. I think they spelled Arctic the way most people say it and besides, sadly probably less than 1/4 of the people today will even notice. Nice shots and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get in serious trouble for eating eagles in this neck of the woods - I would have though that an ordinary chicken would be less likely to tear your throat out while you're getting it ready for the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny (and somewhat sad)! Thank you for your kind comments; they're appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interpreting signs is often so humorous. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am inclined to say the spelling errors comes with the territory (central Calif.) but sadly we see this all too often, everywhere. Tanks for stooping bye and leeving a komment.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.