The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Peaceful Place

This was my favorite piece in the entire garden. I walked by a doorway size opening and said "whoa".  Therein was an open space with the six white trees (birch?) set in a square area sided by white mesh screen partitions on three sides with the blue backdrop to the rear. It must of looked really sharp when new and the gravel was snow white and pristine. I only just noticed the three balls while doing this post. Whatever the artist's intent was with this, it worked for me.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like these pictures, and peaceful places too:)
    Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a way to liven up a place! Great photos, now I want to go and put some color in my white world! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful, where about is this photo magnet place, love that first image =))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first shot is very effective and impressive. I like the shadows that create a diagonal. To quote you, "Whoa."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. A very eye catching composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that wall. What a great idea for a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the first photo, great lines and color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your kind comments. In the first shot my goal was to have just one tree in front of the panel and there were not too many choices as to where to stand to get that.

    meligrosa - it was Cornerstone Gardens near Sonoma on Arnold Dr. Warning, they didn't sell espresso there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The birches and the blue striped wall are a perfect composition. A mysterious place......Greetings from Luzia.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.