The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stop and Sit

Today looked to be another dreary overcast day so I got in the car to search for some sunshine. My plan was to head for the upper portion of the San Francisco Bay. There lies some shallow wetlands and perhaps I could get in some more practice with the 400mm lens on some birds or whoever was there that would cooperate. I never made it. I passed by a winery that was full of interesting garden art and it was there I spent several hours. So check back each day to see just some of the interesting art pieces that I discovered.

5 comments:

  1. that chair is tremendous. have fun in your adventures, as always xxom =)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shot. I can't wait to see the art work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be the world's smallest stop sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the CA (and OR) wineries! Fun places to spend time, I remember some that had fun art too. At least the sun looks like it might try coming out there!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.