The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Today is...

...a beautiful day.

Some scenes near home taken in the past hour.
 This is why at times I feel it difficult to leave for a road trip.
I apologize in advance to those of you who are dealing with snow.
A slightly different view of the first image.
 Hard to imagine wildflowers in January but it does happen here. They are mustard which is commonly planted within the vineyard rows.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful lighting in these shots! Looks like a relaxing place.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in a beautiful area! See, I look at your shots and think ah, greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I think that you just validated for me that I now officially want to move! Between your photos and other blogger friends from California I think that I'd love to live there... well that's a bit dramatic but maybe winter there. lol

    Magnificent shots, you live in an amazing State filled with such beautiful scenery. (Like I had to tell you that!)

    Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I hadn't just spent a week and a half in Arizona I would have a hard time accepting your apology!!!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, you do live in an area of beautiful, mild climate. And your photos are excellent. You have a great eye, I tell you. Do you know why they often plant mustard between the rows of vines? Here in the Midwest that plant is the curse of farmers, as it grows wild in the fields and is considered a nuisance. I think it's rather pretty (for a yellow flower). That Sinbad sure is a beauty. I bet my Daiseymae would like him. thanks for your encouragement re- my photos. The winter scenes are all that's available this time of year. I used to dislike winter but I'm more accepting of it the older I get. I know that doesn't make sense, but it's true. Perhaps my intention to be more Zen-like towards things I can't control is having some effect. I hope so...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place. Looks like it was a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are some good lookin' scenes! I'm not dealing with snow, just cold and gray. And flat. Can't wait to get outta Mississippi. Great series!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.