The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Twisted Picket


 

I just couldn't really get the full sweeping effect of the fence in a single shot. Standing at the corner lost the feel of it being a fence. If I had a higher vantage point at the corner that would be ideal. It wrapped around the corner continuing on back into a standard upright picket fence. There were light bulbs along the edge which must provide a pretty dramatic image at night.

Would I want a fence like this in my yard? You betcha. Would it keep dogs and kids inside (or out depending on your desires), not hardly. Pretty cool concept anyway.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like this fence is floating away:))
    Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just interesting! Why is it like this? I'm so curious!
    By the way, I've got two rolls of film from my Holga waiting to get developed, but I haven't taken them to the lab yet - that's why no Holga shots lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought when seeing the fence was The Wizard of Oz. The artist captured the fence in a brief moment of floating away as Bare bilder Berit remarked.

    Thank you all for your comments. More to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's pretty wild. At first I thought the wind had created the effect, but maybe it's purposeful. It's an interesting look, but not very practical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whaat? that thing is completely cool! the shadow it made is pretty neat too. What a good idea. I love the photo! I wouldn't mind seeing it from a different angle/end either. Nice find !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This fence is really neat - but as you mentioned, very impractical. ;o) I think Oreo would love to conquer it!!!

    Great photo!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.