The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Making Tracks

We are going to hit the road tomorrow in search of warmer and drier weather down south. The Plan is the deserts in southern California, Arizona and New Mexico. After that we will see where we go from there. I will make posts about our adventures each time we get someplace where I can get online. Meanwhile I'll not be able to follow the blogs I normally do (will miss that) but will be back with them when we return home.

Sinbad will be able to once again sit in the sun...

roll in the dirt...

explore...

smell new smells...

but mostly do a lot of this...



15 comments:

  1. Oh such an adorable travel partner!!! Have fun, soak up some sun and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinbad is so sweet:)
    I'm looking forward to see pictures from your trip. Enjoy:)
    Greetings from Berit.
    P.S. The plant you saw in my blog I'm not sure what it is. Just happy to find some green plants right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your traveling partner is enjoying himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be nice to find your happy place where ever you happen to be. Have fun and I will be watching for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a road trip to get the juices flowing again. Hope you find the heat you seek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warm weather ready and waiting! After a snowy day, we were in the upper 60's today and forecasted for upper 70's for the rest of the week. Are you coming to Tucson?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yeah, now that's the life!
    Be safe and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AW! Sinbad is such an adorable kitty! I wish you fun and safe travels - have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a luxuriant look cat Sinbad is. How do you keep a track of him in different places - most cats I know would be off.
    Happy travelling - look forward to seeing where you are or have been.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On you map of visitors, just under the title of your blog, I notice that the one on Britain is pulsing. I'm sure that's because it's where I am, but it doesn't half look as if Kent has suffered an enormous earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great cat... My Kitty sends her regards...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to all of you for your comments. We will be pulling out soon. Sinbad knows something is up. He always does. It is uncanny. Usually he'll hide and we spend the longest time searching him out. This morning it is different. He's following me constantly perhaps thinking he'll be abandoned for the day as when we went south to see my aunt. Or maybe he knows just I am going and my wife is not and doesn't want me to leave him here with her. Who knows what goes on in that little brain of his, but he is no dummy.

    TB - No, I will not be going through Tucson but Fairbank is a place I plan to seek out after seeing your pictures from there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! I've been away too but nothing as exciting as this!!! your camper looks like a great home away from home. and you've a great traveling buddy there with Sinbad. I think I love him. can't wait to see your pics. have a grand time Johnny Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome pics of Sinbad (I think he secretly would like his own blog!). Have fun! I'm hitting the road tomorrow morning. Off to Texas for 4-5 months!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.