The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Springtime in the Desert

When composing the Sea Urchin post I searched through my pictures for a shot of the cholla cactus to include in the piece. Well I got lost in the pleasant memories and pictures of the desert wildflower trip we did last year. I look forward to another spring season in the desert this year. So far though, this year has been a dry winter in the deserts. There is still time left for some abundant rains to bring forth another glorious bloom. Whatever the case, flowers or no flowers, Sinbad and I will be there.


16 comments:

  1. you really know how to rub it in, don't you? these photos are so lovely. I've always wanted to see the desert in bloom. perhaps one year.
    this morning I cannot see the top of my six foot high backyard fence. the city is completely shut down. when they name the storm - winter storm of 2011 - I know it's going into the history books. I've never seen one like this but one good thing is we never lost power.
    your photos really hit the spot on this snowy Groundhog day! have a good one You and Sinbad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The desert is a different place in the spring. In winter you would never imagine there could be such color spring forth from such 'hostile' plants. This is lovely. I hope I get to go back in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous shots! The colors just made my eyes open wide!! (And it's late in the day here so that's saying something!)
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great. Love those cactus flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, and the colors--so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great photos. You two really have some wonderful adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice images, this is a awesome spring, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lighting in these shots! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are making me anxious for spring to arrive.Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these pictures. It's so different from the landscape where I live.
    Here it's been a rainy january, so it's not much snow left, and I like that, but winter is not over yet...
    Have a great friday my friend:)
    Greetings,

    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The top photo is exactly how I would like my yard to look someday. Gonna need more rocks. These are all gorgeous and make me want to go. We are going to Death Valley with our honors student group for Spring Break (around March 12-16 or so). Any suggestions? Wanna meet up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very familiar scenes to me! :) Nice color, but I'm not ready for the heat that goes with this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty, pretty awesome flowers! I love the ocotillo in the first shot, love those cacti. Actually, I love all of 'em. Desert blooms are one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks all for your comments. Because of them I did one more post today from the same outing.

    Sorry about that Miss Becky. I guess then you wouldn't want to read about it supposing to be 71 and 72 this weekend, so I'll not mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - these are all really awesome! I love the bright colours in contrast with the dry desert. Great shots, every one!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.