A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, March 18, 2011

A Change of Scenery

The Cliffs along the Rio Chama
We ended up going through Sante Fe New Mexico yesterday which wasn't really the plan. Well, we don't ever have much of a plan come to think of it. But I am glad we went this way as Sante Fe is a neat town. I know though I could not live there for it gets too cold and snows in the winter. As we motored on north the scenery began to change looking more like what I am familiar with. I love this type of landscape and now for the first time, I think we have a plan...we're going through the Canyonlands of Utah. I've been there before a couple times and know I will never grow tired of it.

9 comments:

  1. One thing for sure, when it's just you and your (lap-sitting) co-pilot, you can be as flexible as the wind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post.
    I would love to see Santa Fe, was it a tourist trap?
    Keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Santa Fe. I think of it as my second city, and it would be very expensive to live there but it has it all. When I arrive in NM for a stay my first stop is Sante Fe just to stock up on groceries and then head north to my round house where I stay outside of Abiquiu. this trip of yours has been such a pleasure to follow. I can't tell you. I'm doing it vicariously and can't thank you enough. It's the highlight of my day when I see you've posted. I just can't wait to see all the photos I know you've taken! how is Sinbad doing? give him a kiss on the top of his head for me. Be safe, be well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention how beautiful the photo is. splendid. simply splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure Sinbad is happier to have his feet back onto less snow ground (and a bit of dust to roll in)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite places to visit. Canyonlands sounds great I can't wait to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynnette & JerryMarch 20, 2011 at 8:42 PM

    John, it has been so fun to see your great photos and listen to your stories. Jerry and I have enjoyed it very much. And . . . that cat . . . what a character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sante Fe, and those cliffs are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you come across any reservations? I hear the silver they sell is so pretty...I would love to hit one up soon!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.