A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, March 14, 2011

Heading North


   We left Big Bend National Park yesterday taking the scenic route (one of those thin lines on the map that has dots running alongside) along the Rio Grande over to Presido Texas. Then turned north for Marfa Texas where the above shot was taking as the sun rapidly set on the west plains of Texas. Today we drove to Guadalupe National Park planing on staying there for a day or two. But "camping" in a parking lot (literally) is not my idea of camping so we are now on our way towards Carlsbad New Mexico. (I should have taken a photo of the lot)
   We're having a great time seeing so many things, taking lots of pictures ("I think we're going to need a bigger card") and have lots of stories to tell when we get back home...none too soon. Again I am limited as to how many pictures I can download but hey, at least states like Texas, New Mexico and Arizona give travelers free wi-fi at some of their rest stops. I've not seen that in California. The roads are better, than rest stops are nicer and I could go on and on. California is over-rated. Really.



6 comments:

  1. I want to thank everyone who is following along on our journey and especially those who leave a comment. I am only sorry I cannot post more often for you and when I do, place more pictures out there for you to see. So hang in there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free wi-fi vs. camping in a parking lot... Hmmm. Sounds like Texas might be a bit over-rated too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! another great road shot. I'm really looking forward to some photos of Sinbad navigating from the passenger seat. you two sure are putting on the miles. I just love road trips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let photos go because of space on a card or computer. Get another card, or small travel harddrive. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is taking a photo while driving as dangerous as texting while driving??? ;^) I'm glad you are taking us along on your adventure, but it does sound like it's time to add to your card inventory. I hope you're still having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this blog for a few years now, I know this guy doesn't take photos when he is on a busy hectic roads. All the roads he travels include only him. Generally he is out there in the middle of no where avoiding traffic and the busy world as much as he can. He would never text, because he is not fond of the cell phone, only for emergencys. Scott, good point however. People that text and drive are insane. I myself cannot tolerate it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.