A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Thursday, March 3, 2011

In Arizona

It is nice to be in the desert and out of the cold and wet of home. But the change is too soon and as much as I like the hot, whew...let's just say it is wonderful here and I need a couple days to acclimate. We spent last night at Amboy on old Route 66 east of Barstow. Like Bakersfield, Barstow is not a place you want to stay in any longer than to get gas. Nasty. We drove through Desert Center then east through Blythe (another one of those "B" towns you don't want to write home about) and on into Arizona. Will camp in the desert tonight and figure out where to next from there.

Sinbad enjoying the morning sunrise from his side porch step.

9 comments:

  1. Did you take any sunrise or sunset photos to post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you keep Sinbad on a lead or is he a 'free-range and trustworthy' cat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Just enlarged the photo and you answered my question. Glad he stays safe and close by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sinbad is always on a lead. He knows where his kibble comes from so I don't think he would stray too far, but he is an indoor cat and I would worry about him. Think city mouse and country mouse. Sometimes we go to a huge dry lake in Nevada. There he is free for there is no place to go. One time I walked off in the distance on the dry lake and he was really reluctant to come on out to me. He didn't want to go that distance alone and chose to stay close to the RV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOK AT HIM! he's so adorable. great shot Johnny Lee. I'm really enjoying these accountings of your trip and I'm happy I'm along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this photo of Sinbad looking out over the desert. So simple, yet tells a story. I wonder what he's thinking. Nice capture

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, shots of your pussy!

    Captain Camo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sinbad is so freaking cute. And uh, Barstow. Definitely one of my least favorite places every. What a dump!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice!!

    The desert around Tucson is nice and Madera Canyon is stunning (perhaps a bit early for good birding, though). Then there is Patagonia, the Huachucas, and the Chirachahuas. Too good.

    Santino says hi.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.