A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Saturday, April 2, 2011

Amboy School

For some reason on previous side trips through Amboy I never paid attention to the school. Well to be honest, I wasn't even aware that fenced off building down the road was a school or that Amboy even warranted one. The school closed in 1999 and their championship water polo team was no more.

The school wasn't much to look at but I thought the sign was pretty cool looking with a slight art deco style to the letters...
...and the peeling paint from the harsh desert sun.

5 comments:

  1. i do like the blistered look of that signage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just feel bad for the water polo team. Hopefully they all went on to distinguished professional careers. Great shots of the sign too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed my visit to your blog...Happy Trails to you and Sinbad!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sign is great! I've missed so many of your photos! Your trip looks like fun and so many picture ops. I look forward to seeing your version of Fairbanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you know about their water polo team? Did I miss something in previous posts? A closed school is a sad thing to see. Reminds me of our education system currently in USA.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.