A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Tuesday, April 26, 2011

To Texas!

By now I had made a decision. We would go to Big Bend National Park in Texas, finishing the trip we started a year and a half ago. We entered Texas at El Paso and I got my first glimpse of the Rio Grande River (Rio Bravo to the Mexicans), only briefly, 60 miles later. Yeah, I was excited.
(most all these photos are Through the Windshield Photography at 57 mph)
From then on it was miles and miles, no...hours and hours of this through the west plains of Texas
 and I enjoyed every bit of it.
When there was something to take a picture of, this was about it.
Unfortunately, I had just ate.
After awhile, I had to get out and stretch my legs.

6 comments:

  1. You could have picked up some Diesel Fried Chicken for later ;^). Some fun windshield shots. I almost had to get up a go stretch my legs just remembering my drives through west Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, they should have put a comma inbetween if they really meant diesel AND fried chicken! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that last photo is AMAZING. it took me awhile to figure it out. it's no wonder they're having the wild fires, it looks terribly dry. but there's a beauty to that barren dry land. no doubt. at least they pile their scrap tires beside a building instead of taking them out in the desert and tossing them along a roadside. what a strange land. blues and browns and a bit of in-between. really nice shots John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Texas is flat all over isn't it. Love the road shot at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should start a meme based on TTWP (any speed allowed). Diesel Fried Chicken sounds hazardous to your health. Maybe it's a forerunner to the recent use of used cooking oil as car fuel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since you have the time, why not stop and take those photos on the ground. Be safe out there.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.