A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, May 23, 2011

Arches National Monument

Most of our visit was under grey dismal skies, not photo friendly. Occasionally the heavens opened up and I was able to take advantage of the light.


Landscape Arch at 290 feet across is the longest span in the park. Several years ago a slab broke free from underneath and since then then trail that led beneath the arch has been closed. Considering some of the other trails I was on, having some rock fall down on me would be the least of my concerns.

7 comments:

  1. :) is sinbad trained to go get help if you don't return - like lassie? :)

    those are gorgeous reds and blues and greens and whites! yikes! such intense colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and and fantastic photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are great pictures, and I really like the colour of the rocks. They are almost red:))
    Like a lot:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoe powerful Nature is!
    Last picture is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to get to Arches some time. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photo #2 looks like a geologic lighthouse. Impressive against the deep blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to visit this spot. it looks like a great place for hiking and the colors are truly magnificent. I love the smoothness of that rock in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.