The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sunset on the Pecos

Our next camp after paying our respects to the Kid, was at Villanueva State Park, New Mexico. This was an idyllic little campground tucked away in the narrow canyon near the headwaters of the Pecos River.
This is right from our camp.

Sunset

The next day's travel yielded some more Through the Windshield Photography opportunities.

A lucky shot.

Then we got into the high country with some residual winter snow.

7 comments:

  1. that first shot made me gasp, it is so beautiful. then i got down to the 2 buildings. wow! SO neat!!! i love the beauty you share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful series of photos. Really rich colors and the black and white shows it's depth of richness with a great range of tones. I love the cloud detail in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these pictures are great, and what a beautiful place you've been visiting:)
    Have a great weekend:)
    Greetings from,
    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots! I love the black and white effect on the last photo with the left over snow. And the little stone church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the river reflection photo and the old mission church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, nice photos! The last one is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa, I have a lot of catching up to do. first stop best stop, and you don't disappoint here. the color in New Mexico is breathtaking. I've been itching to get back there since I left, and you surely aren't scratching it with photos like these. had I camped in that spot it would have been very difficult to leave in the morning. 4th photo - fantastic. and my fave of the bunch is the black and white, no surprises there - that is ooh la la.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.