A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Day at the Races


There is a mountain bike race today up in my Annadel State Park playground. These photos are from a race last year. There are three courses, short, medium and long. The routes are kept secret until race day. Why, I don't know but for this outfit who puts on the race that is how they do it. So I am not sure really where to go to watch and take pictures. I'd like to be at a point where I can catch all three groups before they split off to go their own separate ways. I am looking forward to getting some creative shots of bike racers in action.

Now here is the fun part of this story. I put in 10 miles riding all around the trails last Saturday looking for the course and set myself up to watch. I found nothing and it wasn't until I got back home did I discover that I had the wrong weekend! It was the NEXT Saturday, today. I think I should rename this blog "The Misadventures of Sinbad and I".

10 comments:

  1. You may as well join them!
    Will be watching for photos you take today at the races. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, at least you got some good exercise in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your pics and at least you got some exercise last week Ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these shots! My husband used to do lots of mountain biking, so I was a spectator at many a race.

    I love your orange cat. Orange cats are my favorite. They always have the best personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog J! Thanks for sharing. Those bikers' are kicking up some serious dust.
    Annie M here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! I remember driving an hour to work one Monday and finding no one in the parking lots. Seems it was a federal holiday and our office was closed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great shots!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.