A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, July 8, 2011

Bad For Good Squirrel?

This goes along with my post of Good Squirrel, Bad Squirrel two days ago. This lady lives nearby in Morro Bay. She told me that she comes down to the jetty several times a week to feed the squirrels. Cheerios was on the menu for this day. Whether this is good or not for the squirrels I don't think ever entered into her mind. After all she has a bag of McDonald food and one of those iced mocha coffee drinks for herself, so proper nutrition isn't that high up on her list. She enjoyed being with her furry little rodent friends talking to them all the while about being nice, to share and not squabble with each other. At least she didn't have names for them that I picked up on anyway. But it gave her pleasure and we know the squirrels didn't mind, so...any harm done?

9 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, they look fat and happy. at least cheerios are 'oaten' and probably not TOO full of sugar or salt. and they probably have lower cholesterol too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Интересные фотографии! Я никогда не видела столько белок, да ещё и таких храбрых! Наши белки очень пугливы!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets hope these squirrels are good - otherwise this lady is rather surrounded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, personally I don't feed wildlife human food. I've seen people feed Cheerios to their toddlers, and THAT makes me cringe. the squirrels look happy, and who doesn't like to see happy squirrels? but I would stick to corn...

    ReplyDelete
  5. SICK!! People that do this have zero clue about the health and well being of wildlife (that they should be WILD). Sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't worry until one reaches for the Mocha coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The squirrels seem to be enjoying themselves a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now they have grown to depend on this diet, not good. Guess this woman has nothing else to do in life. Very sad for the critters and for visitors that see this.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.