The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Be Cool

This black bird's bath went on for the longest time. He was really getting into it. I like how the light plays off the droplets of water. Some are points of light and others long dashes.

Have a nice 4th of July everyone and if need be, take a tip from the black bird, splash around in the water some and be cool.

9 comments:

  1. Прекрасные снимки! Вы поймали хороший момент!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! they're so dang happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love watching birds when they are bathing. They really do get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with texwisgirl - happy. I'm loving the light in these photos. they're great action shots! I'm so behind in blogging, posting, commenting, etc. took the day off yesterday and trying to catch up here. my reader has 141 unread posts right now... I hope you and Sinbad have a great July 4th celebration John. stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots John, and happy 4 of July:-)
    Have a nice week:)
    Greetings from,

    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one "Cool" and clean bird. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems to be enjoying the shower! Happy Independence Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. See, more critters! :) That's the way to live life, be absorbed in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You told us a story in these photos. Nicely done! I was thinking to follow your recommendation and take a dip (awfully hot here) but I didn't dear. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.