The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Cactus Flower Close-ups


These images are from the first session out with my new macro lens and I was using it as a microscope instead as a camera lens. I've learned since then, but thought I'd share anyway before I dumped them into the rubbish bin.



This reminds me of a certain type of starfish.

14 comments:

  1. oh, those fish that dangle their 'nose' in front of their prey! :) i like these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful John. I've seen cactus flowers and thought they were pretty, but these shots make them look awesome. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pink one!
    Have a good weekend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that red one is so awesome!
    I think I need to learn how to use my macro better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must not get rid of these microscop shots, they are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ваши фотографии меня впечатлили! Очень красивый макрос!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, John, these are gorgeous!!! Looks like you're mastering the macro.!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Macros fantastic colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that second one. for the first time out with a new lens, these are pretty darn fantastic. the white star in the center of that last shot is dreamy. have a great weekend John.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just amazing and so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know if I'd dump these, I like what you chose to focus in on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Your flowers photographs are stunning. Colors, and the clairity of each so wonderful. I love visitng your blog, and I will be visiting you more often!
    Thanks for comments! I`m happy!!
    greetings from germany
    xoxo Synke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures, and now I know what I want for christmas: a macrolense:))
    Have a nice week John.
    Greetings from,

    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. they may be headed for the rubbish bin but I like them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.