The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In Flight


What I like about these shots are the shadows the gulls are casting on the ground.



Check out  World Bird Wednesday to see some great bird photos and post one of your own.

14 comments:

  1. Shadow of a bird, very unique. You sure find great things to post. Excellent light here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i like the huge swath of charcoal they have across their backs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that too, and their wingspan and feathers. and how they hold their feet while flying. it's real cute. you ought to consider these for Shadow Shot Sunday - they're fantastic shadows too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shadows are great John!
    Well done. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Красивые фотографии! Вы смогли поймать нужный момент! Молодец!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They seem planes landing. Good action shots

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you like the shadows, they are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice captures! i like the shadows, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos of the bird and its shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool in-flight shots John. The shadow on that last one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the shadows too! Those are cool flight shots!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.