The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lizard & Bee



Just a couple of the locals that showed themselves during the dragonfly safari.

Have a nice weekend.

8 comments:

  1. oh, the lizard is marvelous! they always show such attitude! so smug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that lizard shot. it's an OOH LA LA shot for sure. you've started my weekend out on a high note here. that bee is pretty fine too John. have a fun one. and you and Sinbad better behave yourselves while the boss is away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images... the lizard is wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both great shots. Love all the pollen on the bee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome macros with such vivid and stunning colors. These are both fantastic captures. Love the purple flower in the second one. You and I must have been thinking on the same wave length because today I put together a mosaic of the bugs and frogs I saw this morning when i went out to water. Will post it tomorrow. We have frogs coming out our ears this year. Thanks for your kind words about Buddy’s imminent “forced march” across the mountains of Vermont. I can’t wait for him to fire off the photos. Genie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always interesting to see pics of quiet lizard, nice photos, greetings from China, welcome to have a visit at my blog, there also interesting pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great detail in both photos!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.