The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Macro Monday



These are not your normal dandelions that infest your front lawn. This variety is twice as large and grows atop a long stalk two feet or so tall. I find them along the edge of the woods in my Annadel State Park. It was a bit of a challenge to find one intact and then I discovered even more of a challenge to get a good shot with some sharpness and clarity. But I like a good challenge every once in awhile.


To see some great Macro Monday images and maybe submit one of your own click here lisaschaos


.

13 comments:

  1. yeah, yeah. you're just SAYING it's a tall gigantic dandelion. you're just laying in your yard taking a shot of a tiny one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these, I think, along the road on our recent trip to the north coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Хорошая фотография! Я люблю эти воздушные головы.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a two foot tall dandelion? are you certain that's actually a common dandelion? does it have a yellow flower? okay, sorry for the grilling. it's a splendid macro shot. I love seeing the center where all the seeds are attached. this is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your macro shots! I can see every tiny detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see one of this, dandelions always bring me sweet memories!
    Well done, it's very sharp! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful macro! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shot. We used to make wishes on these as a kid, make a wish then blow the dandelion. Well with the small kind, I've never seen the big kind that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pic of the dandelion fluff. You could make some good wishes with that.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.