A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, August 5, 2011

Always Learning

I occasionally see bloggers include a short video on a post. I often wondered how they do that. Once I took the time to sit down and try to figure it out I then discovered the little icon next to the photo icon up in the tool tray. I clicked it and there you go dude! How easy. Well, I went through a lot more than just that, but I don't think you want to be reading pages of manuscript here. Next it was a matter of coming up with some video, a huge part of that before mentioned manuscript. I had this one saved, one my wife did awhile back. So for learning purposes, here it is, sort of a test run.

The answer to yesterday's post was that the image was upside down.
It was hard for me to tell the difference and wondered if anyone else could.
It should be like this. It was taken the day I did the dragonfly shoot.
I didn't mean to be a tease.
No more quizzes. I promise.

.

11 comments:

  1. well, you've now gone from tease to torturer. the video you uploaded is marked 'private' so can't be viewed.

    i feel you sticking your tongue out at us as i type this...

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hurray! big furry kitty fix! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL at TexWisGirl! =)

    Ahhh, Sinbad, he's a cuuutie!

    My LiL MaN meets me at the front door everyday after work, then races to the bathroom & hops in the tub for his drink... I have to pat him, turn the water on, then pat him again before he'll even start drinking... no, he isn't spoiled at all! heheheee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thanks to TWG I was able to learn some more. The video was set to "private". What did I know? Nothing. But I think I have it down now, even with some basic iditing knowledge. My little Canon Powershot has a movie mode but the quality isn't that good, but it compares to others I've seen on blogs so I guess I can live with it for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sinbad seems to be a clever cat indeed ! And the reflection you caught is really amazing ! Nice week-end to both of you !

    (Sinbad is a lot like my Autumn : http://wintermiaou.blogspot.com/2011/02/je-vous-presente-aujourdhui.html... Red cats are the best !)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sinbad reminds me of the first cat my sister had. A lovely guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Oh Oh!!! Sinbad fix. he's adorable with his curiosity, and I love the plop of the drops. they're loud! thanks for feeding my Sinbad habit. and you rascal you with that reflection shot. I'm always happy when the community grows, especially when you're the addition. your reflection shot is superb too. have a fun weekend John.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sinbad is sooooooooooooo cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have never guessed. Either way it's a nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha NO i coudn't tell AT ALL!

    Good luck with posting the video's! So far so good!
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right-side up or upside down that's a beautiful reflection. The blue is beautiful!


    Sinbad drinks water out of the sink just like my Simba. :)

    Here's a link to an old Weekend Reflections post where Simba is reflectred in the water faucet. :)

    http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/2009/12/simba-in-sink-weekend-reflections-11.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.