A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lion's Head Fountain

Finally my little bather friend of a couple posts ago flew off to dry his feathers out and I was able to get back to business. I was wanting to freeze the water more so than what the end result shows here. I had the shutter speed set at 1000th of a second. I guess it needed to be cranked up a wee bit more to completely stop water in motion.


Black and white only seemed to work if I left the water out.

9 comments:

  1. hmmm. I don't think about things like this, and maybe I ought to. always good to try and get a desire effect when photographing something. last night I was trying to get a desired effect while photographing an almost-full moon. failed miserably. have a great day John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that rich blue color. The B&W is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good exercise!
    It happens with me too, sometimes I think the speed is high enough, but it doesn't work as expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing bw more and more! :) I kind of like the dribbling effect of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to practice this as well. I love how you started the photos out wide and narrowed in! Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah, similar to my post haha..beautiful shots. Thanks for the visit anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.