A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, September 5, 2011

Macro Monday

Not your typical macro photo I know, but something different.
 It is a macro shot of my road map.

I am using this venue to announce we will be leaving tomorrow on a several week road trip that will ultimately lead us to Glacier National Park, one of only a few parks west of the Mississippi River that we have not visited. Afterwards we'll meander through the great plains of Montana, the Dakotas, Nebraska and wherever else the little red and black lines of the map takes us. As before, blog entries during this time will be at the mercy of weak wi-fi signals I can pirate from along the way. Hopefully I will return with files of photos to keep me going on the blog through the long winter months ahead.
 I just hope none of them will be of Sinbad standing in snow.

For more Macro Monday photos go to Lisas Chaos

11 comments:

  1. oh, I think a photo of Sinbad standing in snow would be awesome!!! guess not so much for driving in it though...
    I love your road trips. I'll be following along. my dad took us on a road trip to Glacier when I was a teen. it's a remarkable spot. you'll have a blast. happy day to you John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Awesome idea! Have a great time. I don't think Sinbad will like snow. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy you your trip. Have a great time! Looking forward to seeing what you post this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great trip. I wish you two well. I love the Sand Hills of western Nebraska, heck, I love most of the open west! Happy Trails. I'll enjoy following your journey.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, may the boys be safe on their travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a great trip! Happy MM

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! my suspicion has been confirmed. I thought I had it figured out several weeks ago and all doubt has been erased. hope you guys have the time of your life. safe travels to the three of you!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful time! We did a similar trip about this time last year. :) It was great! Be prepared for some snow through Logan's Pass. :) I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your trip is going well. Glacier is great--I've been there a couple times. Lots of stuff to see on the way.
    I haven't done any traveling in years but am heading out for Bodie next month. I'll do some exploring in Owens Valley but who knows where I'll go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glacier is a magnificent park! Have fun and be sure to carry bear pepper spray if you go hiking.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.