A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Saturday, September 17, 2011

What's next?

Thursday was Sinbad's 11th birthday...around about. Actual date is unknown so we picked the 15th.

Hey, I was finally able to get a picture through so I'll use this opportunity to update after we left Glacier National Park.

We stayed at a forest service camp outside Glacier, then spent the next two days heading east then south through Montana. The drive reminded me a lot of that long long drive through the west plains of Texas and I enjoyed every mile of it, all 461 of them. The flat plains of Montana though is not as dry as Texas and thus, a bit more productive. A lot of wheat fields. Currently we are in Billings Montana staying at what is "The World's First KOA". Yes, this is where it all began and we stayed here just to say we did. It is quite nice too right along the Yellowstone River which is directly behind us.

Today a stop to see where Captain William Clark of the Lewis and Clark Expedition left some graffiti. He carved his name into a rock face of a sandstone butte overlooking the Yellowstone River. Then on to the site of the Little Bighorn Battlefield where General Custer and company bought the ranch. Afterwards, on into Wyoming and whatever we may find there. No real plan. There never is.

7 comments:

  1. sounds like a great way to travel - no set plan so no high expectations. that way you can be pleasantly surprised along the way.

    happy birthday, sinbad boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you might end up somewhere near Northern Utah. Give me a call and we'll go out and shoot some sunsets from Antelope Island on the Great Salt Lake together. There is a campground on the Island though it's not as nice as KOA, It's not as expensive either. Seriously, email me and I'll email you my phone number if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful trip and so much of your history to follow.. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing and seeing more...internet connection excepted..

    Mybirthday wishes to Sinbad he looks so content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINBAD!!! and many more....
    love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Sinbad!
    As your heading through Montana, I'm just above you in Alberta..
    Having no plans on destinations, now that's what I call living the good life! Enjoy!
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Sinbad has a great birthday! He looks pretty relaxed about getting older. I envy you this trip. One of these days, we're going to do this with our pug in tow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy B-day to The Unit! We are approaching out 2 year anniversary with Santino (he is about 4). Love the updates, wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.