The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, January 20, 2012

La Gare







That pretty much does it for my first nighttime excursion. I should warn you, I've since been roaming the streets again at night this time using the tripod. You very well could be subjected to more of the same but it is so much fun I cannot help it.


9 comments:

  1. thanks for the warning! :)

    i do like the warm glow of the top shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful looking place. I'd like to stop in there for a drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to get up early for a winter sunrise John. What's your medication ? Hang on! maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

    These are good pictures, I like them.
    Your last post reminded me of my unpublished fireworks photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my word. I take a bit of time away from the internet and look what I've been missing. your nighttime excursion has produced some interesting stuff here. The first shot is excellent - when I saw it I thought I was at my friend Susan's blog - it resembles her photography and she's the best light-gatherer I know. I love that shot. and the second one in b&w too. and the third, for the cry. it keeps going. I laugh at your goofs - I have lots of those in my archives. They're strangely appealing, especially the final shot. I like that you've experimented with something unfamiliar. your venture paid off. I'm wondering if you adjusted your ISO and what it was set at? happy weekend to you and Sinbad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI John...I'm glad I live on the Atlantic side..but thanks for the heads up anyway!!
    I like the first one ..looks inviting!! Did you stop in??
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on these John. It is so easy to over and underexpose night shots, but you have done very well on these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm lovin the night-time shots... love the lights & esp the shots w/ the camera on the ground! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love windows and doorfronts... you inspire me to put some of my Dutch ones out!
    you capture night shots very well!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.