The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Last Night

This is it for the night shots for awhile that is unless I can't get back to sleep again at some early morning hour and decide to hit the streets.

I am not sure what this place is. I've been by it enough times during the day and it doesn't stand out.
At night though it does so very much.

No question as to what this store deals with.

Two seperate shots. Think the color wins out.

10 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying your night shots. I like both the color and B&W version of this last building shown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup. color. that golden glow is just too great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your night shots are so much more interesting than any I would be able to post. Hope you sleep well but I wouldn't mind if you can's sleep every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive always liked the mono on buildings. Its gives it that industrial look.
    Great images

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely images John.. the last one really stands out.. there is something about B&W images I really like.
    Probably an age thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am enjoying your adventures of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny thing about color or the lack there of and perception. In color the last building looks chic and inviting. In black and white it suddenly seems to be the local jail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent series of b&w shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes ... the color version is best in all its golden glory!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great collection of night shots! Something I have never tried.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.