The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Luther Burbank on Monday Mural


Luther Burbank was an American botantist, horticulturalist and pioneer in agricultural science. He lived most of his life in my town of Santa Rosa, CA. This mural is on the side of local bank named Luther Burbank Savings. You can read more about Luther here.

Check out the new blog meme on the block dedicated to murals and post a photo a mural from your town on Oakland Daily Photo Monday Mural

12 comments:

  1. wow. had no idea i was looking at a mural. looked like a coffee table book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so respect Burbank and am pleased to see this fine mural featuring some of his work. Santa Rosa is justly proud of this man who had such a huge impact on agriculture and horticulture. Thanks for participating in Monday Mural. Hope there are more murals around town you can show us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first though this was a table place mat, how very deceiving. Its a beaut..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mural! I love the creativity people display - and thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John ...it is a beauty ..nice and colorful...
    I like you previous post with the fungi..especially the last two.. nice!!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. You remind me that I still haven't visited the Burbank Home and Gardens, it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vibrant colours are so wonderful to see on this blowing snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the heads-up about "Mural Monday". Not too many murals here in Fullerton (although there are a few), but lots out in 29 Palms where we spend some of our weekends, so looking forward to posting some mural shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only Burbank I've heard of is in California, and the funniest was Rowan and Martin's Laugh In.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.