The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday

If you are a regular viewer of my blog you may remember this from a previous post a couple of weeks ago, but I thought it worthy of a Shadow Shot Sunday contribution.
Myself on a hiking trail just as the sun crested the mounatins behind me.

And for my regular followers here is one more shot from my night series. Yeah I know, yesterday I said I was done but I overlooked this one. Not that it is remarkable in any way but the fact that when I first viewed it on the computer I was surprised to see that someone was working in the tuxedo store at 4:30 in the morning. Actually I had to enlarge it to be sure I was seeing what I thought I was. Only then I figured out it was an image on a display ad.


Click here to see other Shadow Shot Sunday photos.

20 comments:

  1. I enjoyed visiting and seeing you in a tall shadow shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That trail looks torturous, what with all the stones littering it!

    Threaded Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  4. laughing at the hard worker there in the store at 4:30 am! ha!

    and i do love a good selfie shadow shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first shot is wonderful! I'm glad you shared it with us SSS folks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking then, i thought the sleepless nights were a thing of the past.... brilliant shadow image, the tuxedo guy? was he working, or just robbing the store !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your shadow shot. So great when the sun is low on the horizon and it makes you look really tall or alien-like! I occasionally get some good ones out in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely capture of textures tones and shadows. I like how you lead our eye forward.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've often fooled around with taking pictures of my shadow but never come up with anything near as good as your shot; it really has the feel of being on that trail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought the Navy guy was praying....glad you gave me the info. By the way, thanks for your encouragement on the texture stuff. I have been wanting to do this for ages so now I am pin my third course TRYING to get it. It’s coming very slowly. Bud comes in and says the camera looks weird and is tooooo black..ugh...I go back and in try to figure it out and then say to heck with it. I am a learner and it will stay as it is. He does the tongue in cheek stuff in Facebook which has given him a gigantic following of hiker people and others, and I am doing exactly the opposite. Guess that is why we get along so well together. Hope to get up my shadow shot. genie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely images tall man...
    The trail looks well woth a visit...I would love to see more images of your local countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do remember your shadow shot from before and the "worker" in the tux store does take a minute to figure out because of the rack of jackets behind the sign looking like his right shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both shots!..sometimes there are hidden surprises :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Eyeliqour on the surprises. Nice b&w.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool shadow shot. I take those as often as I can cause they make me look tall. Glad you found another night shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The shadow looks as if it is standing on stilts! Amazing how the low sun converts size by shadow! And such an interesting monochrome! Two figures - the sailor man and the guy in the dark suit look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful shadow shot and an excellent black and white photography.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  18. That first shot brought back to mind a film from the 60's with Kirk Douglas and a host of stars.
    Cast A Giant Shadow, haven't seen it for years, I think it was about Israel.
    Last time I saw someone in a late night window he was robbing the place. I almost got caught up as the police nearly tripped over me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your shadow shot with the mountains. Now, I have to ask, where was Sinbad?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.