The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Under 101

This is a parking area beneath Highway 101 that runs through the center of the city. This is straight out of the camera and I only sharpened the images. The last two are seperate shots, the latter one slightly shifted to the left. I changed it to black & white just because.






12 comments:

  1. Those structures look grand at night. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stone cold detached from reality look. i Love the line off the ceiling an floor in the first image drawing you in... really like these

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see John..
    I must try to drag myself out of bed in the early hours to try and capture images of my town..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great subject! Really makes an interesting image. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly beautiful, John!!! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the symmetry of the first shot.
    My nearest big town is either Ayr or Dumfries, both 50 miles away and probably not worth a late night visit.
    I should photograph the stars instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great images... looks like a movie set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta say, I really liking the first shot. Really blue.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.