A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Tuesday, February 28, 2012

622 Blue


Saturday's I'm Off post turned out...well... not as I expected. I didn't take a single photo during the entire two hour hike. A situation developed midway into the hike which put me into a bit of a funk and so I just tromped along my secret little trail through the forest, lost in my thoughts. Yesterday I made some changes all for the better as it turned out, so my spirits are up once again. (I'll not go into it and whine on the blog) Rain is forecasted for Wednesday and Lord knows we need rain badly. The Sierras are void of snow and if there is no snow pack before spring arrives there will be anarchy in California this summer and I don't own a gun. I hope to get out that day and try for some rain pictures, something I've yet tried to do. 

10 comments:

  1. that's a very striking image. :)

    i do hope you get some good rains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the composition and the blue color behind the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better but really I find some days are NOT good for taking photographs and that's usually because I'm in a foul mood or just plain overtired.

    Have fun taking rainy day shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some days are like that! Have fun in the rain, though you have more faith in the forecasters than I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the composition.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice capture John... and it's nice to hear you don't have a weapon...
    Take care my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image...and I COMPLETELY understand the funk...kinda matches the blue on the shutters! I firmly subscribe to the Scarlett O'Hara philosophy..."I'll think about that tomorrow", after all, tomorrow is another day! And, hopefully a better one. Enjoy your next outing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome shot! sometimes we need a little thinking time ... away from the maddening crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent photograph - stands out in the thumbnails of blog updates too. Well done in spotting the picture in what is probably a very ordinary setting.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.