The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Creature Feature

When I finished photographing the white fungi (previous post) I turned and spotted this fellow.
Here you may be able to judge his size, around 5" in length.
This is the Pacific Banana Slug, the spotted variety. There is another that is as yellow as a banana.
I moved in for a close-up very carefully so as to not scare him away.
Saute' with a little garlic in olive oil..yum!


8 comments:

  1. Great photos, but this thing/animal gives me the creeps, brrrr. Thanks for sharing though, had no idea about the existence of 'Pacific Banana slugs' <<-- what a great name :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John...Yuck.. these things better not come to my garden..we have those big orange colored ones and there not as big as this guy and they give me the shivers...you wouldn't think I am a gardener would you LOL!!
    Very interesting though and well named..good photos ..just don't do it again hahahaha!!! ; }
    Yes I check to make sure my cell phone works out where I am walking ..I have very good service here..unless I forget to charge it ; }
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he's huge, and he looks quite appealing in the photos. No garlic for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to see John... I shared a post of a slug 6ft up a tree last summer... I had never seen that before.. (or had I just not been looking) the camera has really made me open my eyes.

    I hope you have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.