The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Mural - Running Free

This mural on a fence in a sketchy part of town is quite unique and colorful. I have to hand it to the locals too that they respect it enough to not have tagged it...so far.
Could not get it all in one shot so the first image is the left portion and the second is to the right.



closer in on the horses

The nearby county fairgrounds where there is a horse racing track may have inspired the painting of horses.

This linked to Oakland Daily Photo's Monday Mural

17 comments:

  1. Love the horses. Great color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mural, love the bright colors. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!
    Actually I liked that it was in two parts - it made me look at each image more closely figuring out they were transforming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting transition. almost looks like water or whales at the left morphing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very colourful and lively. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful mural.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent capture of all those photos. Love this mural, well done John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the transition as you move across. And the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone graced your community with beautiful artwork. I do hope the taggers leave it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vibrant colors and the transition from flowers(?) to horses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoo I do so hope it does not get tagged. The colours are brilliant, as are the shapes. Like liquid ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colourful horses running free along the wall! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colours are a wonderful contrast to the grey and brown of my world right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is amazing...such vibrant colors! Nice!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.