The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tomales Bay Road

Just another one of those inexplicable days. At home it was poopy weather, cold and foggy. I drove out to the coast and things cleared up nicely. Always seems to be the case.
A stop along the way.



Really cute, and there were a lot of them.


Kind of difficult to make sense of so think of it as art.

11 comments:

  1. Awe, it feels like spring with the blue skies and baby lambs. Love the reflective B&W too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remarkable reflections ... and a beautiful area. Love the lambs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots John. Reminds me of some "photo excursion" days of my own. You're right about the cute little lambs and that last shot can be an optical illusion at first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the reflections and the cute lambs. am partial to the last b&w shot, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely b&w conversion there. The lama are so cute!!

    I uploaded the other photos from st.fagans as you requested yesterday, did you get chance to see them ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always did enjoy how the weather could be completely different as you move to/from the coast. Nice shots here, John -- the lambs are really cute! Looks like there has been a fair amount of rain in the area too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa, that first shot is extraordinary.
    that's a beautiful land where you live. I've only ever seen it in movies. it's lambing time already? I suspect we have a ways to go before they're spotting the hillsides here. super reflections John. happy day to you and your buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I can't find anything in these pictures to say that this couldn't be a corner of Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like the drive to the coast was worthwhile. Beautiful photos and the lambs are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.