A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, March 26, 2012

Soft Water

The weekend rain ended and I went right out to check the water flow volume at my usual trail head. Despite the rain the creek looked pretty much as it did during the video (you can see the video here) so I didn't do any filming. Maybe a heavier rain is needed or this is as much as the creek can handle, I don't know. So I took the opportunity to try my hand at some soft water effects, something I've not done before. Here are a few images.
The next three is from the same point just at different focal lengths. 

You can see I was a bit off on the exposure as the whitest white has no detail.
I'll have some more to come that might show a little improvement...hopefully.
This photo episode wasn't without it's own little bit of adventure either.
Stay tuned.

14 comments:

  1. nice! i've never tried the softwater thing. guess it's because we don't have enough flowing water here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do the "soft" water effects? Do you mean setting the camera, or photoshoping it later? These are pretty darn impressive! I guess I need to go find water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John...These are gorgeous, just gorgeous photo's, but I think you need to explain the soft water effect..I don't know what to heck your talking about LOL!!
    Grace : }

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like your photos a lot. Gives a bit of a dreamy effect to the photos. I'm curious about your adventure during this photo episode, haha. I will definitely stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic to see John and the video clip was superb...

    ReplyDelete
  6. All nice. Impressive for a first attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice photos john, are you sure you were not at the same waterfalls as i was on holiday........ what exposure times were you using for these.
    they look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These were really beautiful! I loved the effect of the softwater...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these are great. I haven't tried this yet ... gotta find me some running streams!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a peaceful looking place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's just an incredible place. I wishe we had something as beautiful as that around here. Great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome photos ! The 'soft water' effect is really beautiful. And that greenery of the place is very attractive and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's cool to learn new hings, isn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I love these photos. The green is so rich and vibrant and I love creeks and rivers, esp. ones with little waterfalls like you've got. The moss on the rocks make it extra special too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.