A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, March 2, 2012

Window of Opportunity Missed


I went out in the wee hours of the morning two days ago for some nighttime rain photos but unfortunately by then the rain had stopped. I was hoping to get some rain slick street shots, puddles with light reflections, or blurry rain-splattered windshield images. None of these presented themselves. So I aimlessly drove around, took a few photos then finished off the trip grocery shopping at 5:00 in the morning. A nice time to go grocery shopping. No one else there except others like me who cannot sleep and employees stocking shelves. It is a bit of a challenge negotiating the aisles stacked with boxes of food on carts. I just wish every employee wouldn't ask me "Are you finding everything okay?" Do I look confused and helpless?

11 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your description of the questions from employees...if you said no, they would be SO confused themselves! Nice yellow window...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for in the middle of the night, but I do like this photo a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happens to me a lot, I have an idea to photograph, but in the end things do not go as I planned...
    But I like the abstract shot anyway!
    Have a good weekend John! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice title and photo!
    I hate it when employees ask if I'm finding everything, too. If they'd move their carts from blocking the aisles, I'd find everything much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey John, I like this shot. The lighting is extraordinary and the composition is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this shot, John, but I'm not too sure what I think about you stalking around in the dark. I'd be afraid of someone taking aim or an officer tracking you down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great post John... My first visit to the states was in 1981 and I can still hear "have a nice day" ringing through my ears...
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shot john, it begs the question "what lies beyond?"
    Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  9. for all your "trouble" you did get a great and different shot ~

    I use a 300mm so the camera isn't poking the "yellow girl" in the face. ♥ my 300!! I can take the shot from afar and without disturbing the subject whether it be man or beast!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.