A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Diarrhea Photos

You may recall I referred to my pictures of a morning early on in the trip looking like diarrhea. This was due to my following a suggestion on camera settings from a "pro" in a book my wife had brought along.
Here are some examples:
Before
His suggestion which gives "warmer colors". What do you think? To me this is not how it looks in real life.
Before
Again with the changed setting.
The rest of the morning pictures were all done with the change to the settings and I have no regular setting to compare them against. In my little LCD screen they looked nice so I left the camera changed. It wasn't until I put them onto the computer screen that evening did I see what they really looked like, too much brown I think, much like...well you get the idea.

These next two I was playing with the polarizing filter.

Here's a couple of my little buddy. I corrected the brown back to his real orange color with my photo program.

13 comments:

  1. The 'warmer colours' doesn't wash with me either John; much preferring your 'before photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both ways. I have to admit to being a fan of "warmer" colors in photos. But that's just me. Your little buddy is so beautiful! And those landscapes are a nice change from all the green around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tree was okay in 'warmer' but the landscape was much better 'before.'

    sin, you are such a handsome man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like warmer colors for certain pics, but when the sky is that blue I say keep it! LoL! I thought I had experimented w/ that setting on my camera, but can't remember the results... I'll have to try it again! =)
    What a handsome Sinbad! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures of Sinbad are beautiful!
    Great animal :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. add my vote to "before" as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sindbad looks beautiful, so at ease everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an impressive desert scene, but I do think the brown/gold is too strong for realism.
    Sinbad, of course, is looking fine and handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely go with the before in #1. #2 could go either way, but the before of it looks a bit more airy and lifelike. Regarding the third shot, I like the contrast better in the second one thought the first is interesting, too. Boy, you were having a great old time with our camera on this day. Kitty looks content to just lie there and gaze off into the distance. We are off tomorrow for you-know-who to run in another half-marathon so I am trying to get ahead with my post and commenting. Take care...genie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to agree the before shots are better. Love the Sinbad shots.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.