A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Sunday, April 8, 2012

Early Wildflowers

We have California Poppys along our house and they line the highways throughout the county. But it is kind of special to find the first and only one in the wild along a trail through False Lake Meadow of my nearby Annadel State Park.

Darn bug got in there. Let me move in a bit closer.

Shooting Star
After this shot and big cloud moved in and stole my sunlight.
I waited and waited, gave up and moved on.

Lupine

Buttercup
I always seem to have trouble with yellow flowers. Guess my camera doesn't so well with yellow.

This is linked to Lisas Chaos

18 comments:

  1. Loved the buttercup! I have always loved lupines but never had any luck with them. Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be a sweet sight to see lots of the Californian Poppy in flower at the same time too. Your camera plays havoc with yellow like mine does with reds. Nice photos from the floral brigades John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos ~ I just adore wild flowers ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know there were poppies that color - I have only seen the kind on the Wizard of Oz ;) Really good shots of all the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a problem with yellow, I have a problem with red! Love the color of that Lupine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beauty of nature, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful series of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those gorgeous poppies. and lupines aka bluebonnets here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grow the california poppies in my garden--it will be a couple of months before they are blooming there though. They are the sunniet flowers I know. Loved your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures you show.
    Wishing you a good second Easter Monday.
    Hugs Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

    ReplyDelete
  11. What stunning pictures!

    Herding Cats

    http://seathreepeeo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. that shooting star is so pretty, i've never seen one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It always amazes me to find lone flower in the middle of somewhere. Great find and beautiful shots!

    Macro Monday

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.