A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Great Egret Experiment

The Great Egret, and how he came by his name is obvious to me.


And here is the experiment part. While the Great Egrets were flying I kept firing off pictures in a series. They all came out nice and I hated to break it up by selecting one or two to show. So I got the idea of putting them all together using Windows Movie Maker. I then sped up the showing of each frame for one second only trying to give a sense of movement. The second part of the experiment was placing the video onto the blog directly from my computer through Blogger. All of my regular videos are sent to my YouTube account and then placed onto the blog from there. The quality is not as good if I enlarge the frame as I normally do, therefore it is in this small format as you see. I'll not do this again, but had to at least try it one time to satisfy my curiosity.

The stills are in two parts. The second one, the egret just could not get a stable footing onto the branches and eventually gave up and flew off trying for a different perch. Funny to watch in real life

video

10 comments:

  1. Not bad, you did an excellent job of turning them into a "movie"! He certainly looks a little awkward trying to land on such tiny branches, I bet it was funny to watch in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if you never do it again, I am glad you did it this one time! Must have been such fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty and look at that blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right place right time, and what an eye for composition when you have to focus fast w a flying bird!
    I am so darn impressed with that first photo.
    GOOD for you, I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right place right time, and what an eye for composition when you have to focus fast w a flying bird!
    I am so darn impressed with that first photo.
    GOOD for you, I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. HOW on earth did you do that video of shots put together? It must of took you hours to do that. I have read that you are challenged by technology, doesn't seem to be the case here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the stop action movie is pretty cool. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.