A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Thursday, April 12, 2012

Yesterday's Discoveries


During a little walkabout in the woods.

This fungus was a bit higher up than me and my tripod so I didn't get all the color I was after.
But I'll take those drops of water.

I do not know what this is. It is on a plant that looks sorta like a fern, but ferns do not flower.

This handsome fungus is 4 to 5 inches across.

And a egg shell fragment found on the ground.
I am always fascinated by the coloration of bird eggs.

And I discovered another whole area of my park (Annadel State Park) which if I hadn't known better I would have thought I had been dropped in the middle of the Hoh Rain Forest of Olympic National Park in Washington along the Pacific Northwest. Simply wonderful.


13 comments:

  1. All the shots are great, but that first one - with the water drops - simply stunning! What a wonderful set of photos today, John!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those are some fantastic water drops..excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great nature shots. I really love that first shot and all it's details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE that first shot! LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fungus photos and that must be very exciting to have found a new area in the park. I can't wait to see more discoveries from there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic images of your fungi.. and it's lovely to read you are wandering around and discovering new places..

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fungus with the drops of water is very interesting. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I would take those drops of water too, what a beautiful photo. I am amazed by all the beautiful creatures/thingy's you find in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting fungus & finds! I love the water droplets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos, especially the water droplets on the fungus.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since no one has chimed in yet, that fern-like flowering plant is called Indian Warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fungus with the water droplets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i LOVE that first photo - they're all great but that first one is just so cool!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.