The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Again?

Yes, Sinbad and I are on the loose once again.  We are going to Sinbad's favorite place for here he is free to roam...and he never does for there is nothing of interest any further than the smells collected on the front bumper.  We will be back in a week just before Memorial Day weekend.
On a side note, the path of the annular solar eclipse that is to occur this Sunday May 20 will be right where we are on this dry lake in Nevada.  If at 6:30pm the sun is behind the mountains (these mountains are on the east side, the ones Sinbad is facing in the west are much higher) then we'll move back into California and position ourselves at Honey Lake (also dry) and be right on the center line of the eclipse path. This photo was taken on June 7, 2010 at 7:44pm so I think we will be okay.  Nice that these digital cameras record that information for us.  See you in a week.   >^..^<

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your travels! Look forward to new pics when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels - hope you get the perfect shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinbad!!!! who cares about a solar eclipse when Sinbad is right here on my computer screen.
    there's a solar eclipse this weekend?
    safe travels. I hope you guys find what you're looking for. And more. It looks like they could use some rain there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Hello Sinbad! What a handsome fella you are! =)

    A dry lake bed in Nevada? Hmmm Groom Lake? Are you going to Area 51? You're gonna camp out on that mountain ridge & check out ET's traffic, ain't ya? heheheee

    Just kidding! That was the 1st thing that came to mind when I read dry lake in Nv!

    ReplyDelete
  5. be careful, boys!

    woo hoo! party at john's house. ladies only!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this photo of Sinbad. Great job, I love seeing our kitty friends out and about like this. Hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a safe journey John. Sinbad looks more pllike a lion in that perspective not a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun out there on the flat dry playa with no rain or shade. Time away is always good. Someone told me that they saw you on HWY 80. Are you being followed?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care and enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that should be framed and hung on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome shot of Sinbad... I like the "cats-eye-view" perspective. Or should we call it the "cat-cam"?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.