A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, May 11, 2012

Getting Things Right

We left the desert and drove all day (remember, I gave up my grapefruit for this) so that we could put the Los Angeles Basin behind us. We found a nice little county park campground near Santa Paula and had the place all to ourselves except for the campground host who was from Wisconsin. I had to go for a little walk to stretch my legs after the long drive and discovered this nice little scene beside the flowing creek/river which I didn't even know was there. I sat on a rock to unwind and enjoy the surroundings, pulled out the camera and tried some soft water shots. All these are straight out of the camera, no post processing adjustments. It's nice when leave your camera alone and let it do it's job without trying changes with the settings recommended by a "pro" in a photography book your wife brought along on the trip.






9 comments:

  1. Glad you forsook the grapefruit; the first scene is so beautiful. Wonderful destination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that in the future, you should read the photography expert's book for fun, and continue to do what you do best - take very good photos! These are very nice - the peacefulness of the scene is the perfect way to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second shot with the flowers and the soft water shot in the 4th one turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely looks like a beautiful place! They're all so pretty, esp the 1st & 2nd shots... oh so pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you just can't let that go, can you, john? :)

    these are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a beautiful place. Second picture with those yellow flowers is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John...This a just an awesome spot...nothing like a rocky river bed
    and flowing water to calm the soul !
    These are all great, but the next to last is a very interesting look of the water flow!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those photos don't need any fixing. What a beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots and location. I hadn't heard the term "soft water" but perfect description for the last two photos.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.